IPK, What are you worried about?

It's 5:36 am. Kids are up. Molly (our boxer) throws up. Good morning to you, too, Molly. I almost throw up. I'm trying not to rush the kids to get ready, but I've already told IPK (oldest girl) to drink her health juice, get dressed, tie her shoes, brush teeth, and brush hair (and if she said she had to potty I also went through that check list, too). However, I hear her fumbling with a toy. It's the Bop-It. Loud and clear. Oh, and then there is the ZuZu pet that won't die. Yep, she is playing with that too. Really? Ok, so I take a breath, very deep, and I wait about 5 minutes to say anything. Maybe she is just distracted. 5 minutes later.....Nope- still playing. So, I craft a very careful question for her. "IPK, sweetie", I say. "What are you worried about?". I don't know why I said it that way. Maybe it was a new way of asking her what she was doing, but when I heard myself ask the question to her, I simultaneously heard God asking ME the same question (I didn't hear the loud booming voice but I wondered what my answer to Him would be). IPK immediately got up, and got dressed. She just needs reminders sometimes, and as it turns out... so do I. When I'm worried about "stuff" I'm usually just occupied with worrying. I'm distracted, and I'm not busy getting done what I'm supposed to be doing. The good things God has planned for me to do aren't being done. So, today I was reminded that there is no need to be anxious or worry about ANYTHING really. I just need to take action.

A verse about worrying comes to mind today, and it's the extra in my ordinary:

Luke 10:41-42

New International Version (NIV)
   41 “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, 42 but few things are needed—or indeed only one.[a] Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”

In Him,
Tink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap