iWait

So, if you saw the phone I carry, you would be so sad for me. Yes, I'm thankful that it works fine, but really. It's sad. It's this really gimmicky two way slide phone. It almost goes over for a smart phone except it's about half the size, and it's got a stupidly unresponsive screen when you try to wake it up. Maybe that's cause  it's not a touch screen. I keep trying. It's funny to watch other people try, too.

Anyways, after more than a year of waiting for an iphone, my husband let's me know a few weeks ago that it's almost time to upgrade. Yesssssss.  I've been patient and it's finally going to pay off cause I'm gonna get an iphone 4 just like all the kool kids at work and church. Oh, yeah. 

Fast forward, or slow forward, as it were- to today. We ordered the phones through his work last Friday, and we have to wait for them to process the order. To me this sounds like this:

 wweeee   haaaavvvveeee toooo wwwaaaiiittt ffoooorrr ssssooommeeeone elllssseee.

 The words just take so long to hear! Yes, now I'm to that impatient point. I have my list of about 30 apps that I'm ready to download. I've actually started to download them on itunes. I've watched videos of people opening their iphone boxes online. The problem is that I did too much research, and I know what I'm missing now, and I'm frustrated without it. I need it for notes, lists, a better camera, itunes, a calendar, in case I'm magically transported to France...I mean it COULD happen. I'd need a translator. We were on the way to Dallas last week and I'd love to have know the names of stars and constellations I was looking at from the car window. It would have been nice to quickly see the weather in Dallas before we got there, or get directions to the church we were going to. Now that I have the iphone bug I can't wait to do stupid things like Fatify and Oldify people (like me). I can't wait to make my grocery list and get a virtual assistant. I can't wait to watch movies on my phone and play really dumb games and read books (like my Bible!!). I can't wait to test out my flashlight and play words with friends and bling my screen and learn to play the piano! I want to track my calories (ok I don't WANT to do that but I want to be able to do it if I change my mind). I'll also get the Craigslist app and sell a whole bunch of junk! I travel a lot (kinda) so I want to have the inside scoop at the airport to see if my flights on time. I want to download cool learning games for my kids.

I know I need to just wait and be patient and stop complaining. As my "extra" today I'm going to try to think of something about my phone that the iphone will not have. QWERTY keyboard. yep- there it is. That was easy! Hopefully I'll have my phone soon.

Do you have an iphone? If so, am I being unreasonable?

In Him,
TINK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap