Lunch Box Makeover

Ordinary: Packing a school lunch
Extraordinary: Feeling like I'm nourishing her soul and her tummy

I don't claim that this was my idea. Some other very thoughtful Christian person decided to take action and make a website and email list to send busy moms like me something special. Every week  I print off the sheet of Bible verses that are emailed to me, one for each school day, and cut them out. I put them into the basket on our counter so I don't forget about them. That's the important part- putting them somewhere in sight, and having tape near by.

When making her lunch every morning, I take that day's verse out, and tape it to the inside top of her lunch box. This is so simple, but since my daughter can read now, I want to take every opportunity to impress upon her the importance of staying in the Word. While she is at school this is pretty much my only chance I have to do that. It's also my only chance to pat her on the back and give her a bit of encouragement halfway through a long day. She deserves it so much- just like we all do.


She asked me the other day: "Mommy, why do you never forget to put that paper in my lunch box?". It's simple my darling. Deuteronomy 6:6-9.

Deuteronomy 6:6-9 And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap