8 Years of Blessings...and counting

Ordinary: Having a job
Extraordinary: The opportunity to impact others (for 8 years!!)

Ok, so I don't have a job. .....I have an opportunity to wake up (at 4:30 every morning) and go help other people be their best. So, I've been up to this for 8 years now. I worked in pharmacy, medical front office, vitamins, and now business management (in vitamins). One common thread- helping other people experience a better quality of life by enabling them to achieve their worthy goals naturally and passionately.

What's my takeaway? You can have everything you need if you help enough other people get what they need. It's about contributing and helping others. It's not about me. It's about what I can do for YOU, or better yet, what we can do for them.   Teaching others to be helpful and useful is what I call- maximum impact. I love this about parenting, and I feel this way about business leadership. It's an opportunity to impact. It's a platform to live your life from where you can make a difference. My team directly beneath me may only be 6 or 7 people, but when you consider ALL of the people they impact, there's a domino effect. I just love the opportunity to motivate and inspire others. I'm sure there's more blogging here in the future..... Anyways,  I can't believe it's already been 8 years.

My 8th anniversary at work was such a perfect day. I woke up early, worked out, ate a healthy breakfast, and looked forward to whatever the day had in mind. Rain or shine, I was just so happy about the day. I love my job, so my anniversaries are always fun. Walking in my office door I was surprised with flowers and balloons and coffee when I got to work. The wide selection of books I've been blessed with over the years greeted me as usual with it's faithful promises of learning new things. I had a warm congratulations email from the President of our company waiting for me in my inbox. Seriously, it was just a perfect day. I even took a picture so I could continue to soak it up.

 I am most grateful to God and my husband for enabling me to have a full time job in addition to the full time job of being the best mommy I can be. I have priorities, too, but somehow God has knitted together for me a network of support to help me have the best of both worlds. So blessed am I, and so I pledge to do a better job of counting my blessings.

I'll be counting my blessings with a blessings journal in my iphone, and I have a goal to jot down 1,000 blessings in 2012. How do you count your blessings?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap