Be Still and Exalt

Ya know what's hard for me? Stillness. I can't sit still through a movie. I can't sit still for a long meal. I just can't be still. I need to be moving, working, or at least writing and thinking. Right now I'm washing the clothes, washing the dishes, and cooking oatmeal bars in the oven while I write this. Being still and alone is really hard for me. I'm bad at still.

Do you struggle with this, too? Do you try to plan the grocery list while making cookies while reading that book? Are you looking at this on your phone while driving or walking? (yikes if you are driving please check back later!!)

Well, I know in this fast paced world we live in, God wants us to occasionally slow down and just sit still. That's the only way we can experience His peace and the recalibration we need from remembering that HE is GOD. (blessed be HIS name!).  This morning in my Bible reading God called me out like He always does with just the thing I needed to hear.

Psalm 46: 10:

10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.

Also, Ecclesiastes says there is a time for everything. There IS a time for the planning I want and need to do, and there is a time for the phone calls and emails, but every day I need to have a time of stillness.

The early morning hours are GREAT for sitting still. I recommend about 5 minutes of stretching and praying (while the coffee brews), and then, before deep diving into books or emails or whatever else, just sit still for a moment and meditate on God's almighty hand. I might manage 5 minutes, but I know God's calling me out on this because I need more. During this time, think about His promises to you. Remember the day you dedicated your life to Him? He is still the same God. When we are still and remember that we serve the one and only true and living God; he rewards us with His peace.

When is your still time? Any good tips for the rest of us?

Hopeful for your progress,

Tink

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap