When Oceans Rise

This week my family has been enjoying this song, because I have been playing it over and OVER! I think they call the a brain itch (when you can't get enough of a song). Any ways, this song is so beautiful, and full of truth. I think you will really enjoy it, but first I'll explain it a little bit, and why it speaks to me. 

The song is a metaphor, showing how learning to trust God can feel like walking out into an ocean of water.

Have you ever felt like you were in over your head? Like you were thrown into the deep end of the waters, and it felt like your feet couldn't touch the bottom? I've felt like that when my dad left my mom for another woman, and we found out he wasn't who we thought he was. I was about 27, but I felt like a 7 year old, crying for her daddy. My family lost a strong spiritual leader. The ground beneath my family broke apart, and we could either fall, or find something to hold on to. It was only at that time, and in that situation that I figured out who my real father was (God), and learned to call out to Him. I was at my mom's house, and picked up a 1 year reader Bible, and my mom said to take it. That's when I started really reading the Bible. That's when I read it all, and my real walk with Christ began. I learned that when I call out to Him he doesn't just give me floaties. He strengthens my faith, extends His mighty hand, pulls me out of the stormy water, and gives me wings like an Eagle. From this height is where he has shown me His glory and beauty. From this height is where I learned to thank God for putting me out into the deep waters so I could learn to trust Him to pull me out. I know I will fall and be back in deep waters, but I also know who saves me, and who to call out to. 

Back to you. Maybe you haven't been thrown in the deep (yet). Are you waiting at the shore? Are you living a beautiful life on the beach....afraid to walk out on the water where God is calling? Whether you are on the shore, playing it safe, and need encouragement to go out upon the waters, or whether God has chosen you to be thrown into the deep end, and is waiting for you to call on His name, this song will draw you out farther into the water, and UP higher....towards Him. To God be the glory for songs like this. 

Read Psalms 46 first, and then you will really be ready to hear this song!



"Oceans (Where Feet May Fail)" by Hillsong Live

You call me out upon the watersThe great unknown where feet may failAnd there I find You in the mysteryIn oceans deepMy faith will stand 

And I will call upon Your nameAnd keep my eyes above the wavesWhen oceans riseMy soul will rest in Your embraceFor I am Yours and You are mine

Your grace abounds in deepest watersYour sovereign handWill be my guideWhere feet may fail and fear surrounds meYou've never failed and You won't start now


So I will call upon Your nameAnd keep my eyes above the wavesWhen oceans riseMy soul will rest in Your embraceFor I am Yours and You are mine


Spirit lead me where my trust is without bordersLet me walk upon the watersWherever You would call meTake me deeper than my feet could ever wanderAnd my faith will be made strongerIn the presence of my Savior[x6]


I will call upon Your NameKeep my eyes above the wavesMy soul will rest in Your embraceI am Yours and You are mine

I hope this blesses you today. Have you been in deep waters? Fill in the blank. I was in deep waters when_______________________.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap