Spring Break Road Trip 2014!!

Spring break has never been so fun! This year I rented a suburban, left Husband at home in Houston, and took my girls, my sister, and her 3 kids on a road trip. In case you didn't catch that....that's 5 kids. And no daddies to help. Yes, it was a brave trip, but it was SO much FUN!! It's like the thing you're really supposed to do on spring break- usually we don't travel very far, and/or we try to get too much done at home. This year the theme was definitely:"Get out of town!!"



1) Thank you to husband for letting me and the kids desert him for 6 days . The fridge had no food in it when we left. I just didn't have time to grocery shop. So he ate out of the pantry and slim pickings of the fridge for the week. Why do men prefer that to going to the store for food? Anyways, he made like 3 batches of soap while we were gone, so I think he had some fun.

2) Round trip, this was 1200 miles. I drove it, but my SWEET sister was the parental referee. Oh my goodness she's patient, and she did so well keeping the kids occupied, fed, and sane when they were about to lose it.

Ok, so this picture on the left is the picture of happy kids as we left Houston. It all changed in about 3 hours when we the kids were tired and hungry, and sister and I looked at each other like, are we crazy?!

We left on a Friday afternoon, and stopped half way in Paradise, TX for the night to see our cousin and her two sweet girls. They have the coolest play house, that our kids LOVED, so now that's on the list of things we just HAVE to get our kids:


We got to Amarillo Saturday night. We went to church with Memaw on Sunday morning, and then ate lunch with our Aunt Carole (Yum!!), saw another cousin, and then on Monday, we went to Palo Duro Canyon, which was by far the coolest part of the trip. 


On Tuesday we went to the mall and found flower girl dresses for the three little girls who are about to make their debut next weekend in my other sister's wedding. Here's a glimpse:


After we got done at the mall, Memaw rushed us all back to Aunt Carole's house and put a move on for the kids, and then kidnapped me and my sister to surprise us with a SPA DAY at Bella Luna MedSpa (where she works). That was so indescribably sweet and neither of us had done that before. What a treat. I wish we had taken a picture with mom at the spa, but we didn't. 

Coming home was so nice. Our own beds. Our own bathrooms, Our own everything. We missed my niece and nephews and sister and mom, though. It was so good to spend time with them. 

Oh, and while we were on the trip my husbands brother and his wife had a baby- the first baby boy on their side of the family. Praise God!

Now that we are back from our trip, this weekend is all about getting ready for next weekend, which is the wedding. So, I am about to go shoe shopping for the girls, then come home and practice french braiding and curling hair. Wish me luck!!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap