What I believe

Jim Rohn says your personal philosophy (what you believe) is the way we set the sails of our life. It will determine the direction we will go.
What philosophy is setting your sails?
For many years I've drifted without really setting my sails towards a purposeful direction or clearly defined philosophy. Yes. I've drifted WITH God towards gratitude,abundance, blessings, faith, knowledge (of Him), hard work, and love, but if I'm honest with myself....I've drifted. I've used my busy schedule as an excuse not to grow in a clearly defined, purposeful direction. But God knows when we are drifting, and when it's time to set the sails.

Today I  was reading a Holistic Anatomy book, and my beliefs were clarified before my eyes as I read the pages. The page right after the references to earth energy, evolution, and  the book described the "amazing DESIGN of a semipermeable cell membrane". Did you get that? The amazing design! The existence of design naturally infers,or begs the question of...who designed it? It can't be a what (which is what a "Big Bang" is). The question is who, right? And that's what we need to have clear beliefs about. We live in an amazingly designed world. WHO do we think designed and created it all? WHO is the ultimate artist and author of all that is good?

Well, here it is. My personal philosophy (and confession)

There is a God. He is alive. (Deuteronomy 4:39)
God created the heavens and the earth . (Genesis chapter 1)
God is good.We were created in HIS image. (Genesis 1:27)
God is abundance. Life with God is good.  (Matthew 19:17)
We are called to do good works. (Eph 2:10)
God loves us with a perfect love.  (1 John 4:18)
God pursues us. (John 3:16)

There is also a Satan.
Satan is evil, fear, sin, uncertainty, scarcity, and death.  
Satan wants us to chose him over God. Misery loves company. 
Satan will stop at nothing to win our soul. 
Satan hates. 

God has given us free will. He lets us chose life or choose death.

I choose God.

God sent his son Jesus to die for our sins, so that even in our imperfection, we can stand perfected before God on that day of judgement, with Jesus interceding for us, and we can spend eternity in an  indescribably beautiful Heaven with The Lord and all the angels and saints. 

Wow. That felt amazing.

Thank you, God, for answering my prayers for clarity of belief and wisdom in these spiritual matters.

In Him, the one and only true and living God,

Tink


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap