Her First Boat Ride

It's already mid summer, and it's hot, and the kids are bored. We decided today to go to the beach and it was beautiful! The kids dug in the sand, I wrote an article on the beach, and then we all played in the water. I even got a few funny boomerang pics of boogie boarding.

After we went to the sea wall, I wanted to take the kids to do something new or different in Galveston, but with a little bit of a lower budget lately (I stayed home this summer!), we were sort of limited in our options. Last time we were in Galveston they wanted to do the ferry but the lines were too long, so I thought I'd take them and see how long the wait was.

I'm so glad we did! The line was not long at all (maybe 5-10 min), and while we were waiting Punkin tells me "this will be my first time on a boat!". Well, people, she is 9 years old, and to be honest, maybe she has been on a boat before and I'm just not thinking of it, but it's very possible this was her first boat ride. We don't have a boat, she's never been on a cruise or anything, so I'm pretty sure it was. And it was all free.

The girls saw porpoises. They were jumping and diving in the water and so pretty. The water was glistening and even a pretty hue of green/blue which is almost unheard of in Galveston. The sky was clear even though the weather report promised otherwise. The girls were smiling so big, and then it hit me.

The most wonderful life experiences don't cost extra money.

Seeing porpoises, being at the beach, looking into a beautiful sky, just looking at the face of your kids being so happy. It was all priceless. And I'm so happy we were able to all experience it together.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap