It's a girl......Meet Zelda the GSP pup!

My husband has been wanting a German Short Haired Pointer for YEARS. He backpacks and wanted a dog that could take the long hikes in stride. He waited. We saved. We planned secretly, and then here she is. Meet Zelda. 


He texted me mid morning with a super cute series of pictures of GSP female pups. He said he MIGHT go look at puppies after work, even though we were pretty sure we still wanted to wait a couple of months to bring a new puppy home. I said I was fine with it. We were just looking. However, I knew that once he saw these pups he'd be in love, and I was ok with that. There's just something about a new puppy suprise. Kids need them at least a few times in their lives. Moms need them. Dads need them.

Yes, dad needed one. He was running super late coming home from work so I called to check on him. He says, "we are having trouble getting her to come into the car". Yep, he bought a pup. "She" is definitely the new GSP baby. What was my reaction?

YYYAAAAAYYYYY! I bubbled over internally of course. I had to be poker faced, because it was a surprise for the kids and I'm a home school mom, so we were all in the same room as usual.  And I did so good hiding it! I was anxious while waiting for him to get home though, so I surprised the kids by taking them out to Mc Donald's for surprise fries. Yes, that's totally a thing, and it helped me wait those last few minutes.

She can't wait for her first hike with her daddy. And she sure loves her new sisters.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Around the Table- a silly story

Simply Tea Time

Update: Knapp Family Soap